First listen of The Voyager!
Such a good LP everyone so get on it! Missed you, boo x
Reading Kanye West’s GQ interview is the most entertaining thing I’ve done all week. Let’s recap, shall we?
According to ‘Ye:
- We all need some Kim K skills. He sincerely means it but awesome straight subtle (or not so subtle) product placement for Kim Kardashian Hollywood.
- Carine Roitfled is the Walt Disney of what Tumblr is today. Um, I’m going to take your word for it because I still have absolutely no clue what you were trying to say. What is Tumblr today? Apparently ‘Ye knows.
- Dinosaurs are fucking cool. Thanks, Kanye. I’ll know who to call when I do my next Jurassic Park marathon.
- “New Slaves“‘s second verse is the best rap verse of all time. OK. Went back and read it and had to do some straight-up critical analysis. You’d think I was reading Kafka’s Metamorphosis. Maybach keys? What in heaven’s name? Maybach keys are not the new Tumblr? Are they?
- Kanye is a blowfish. Fair assessment, man.
When confronted with the image of a person you loved, and not any type of love, I’m talkin’ the love to beat all other loves, the love that changed you, three things are bound to happen:
- your stomach will drop
- your ribs will feel constricted
- your heart will swell
Don’t worry though, this too shall pass…it may come again, but it will pass.
Hearing Elaine Stritch talk about her husband John Bay got me chocked up. She met him late in life, loved him, proposed to him, married him, and lost him ten years later. She never found love again and that was that. No fuss, no muss, it just was.
Ok, so recap:
- In High School, Death Cab (and by extension, The Postal Service) tapped at my fragile heart to fracture it.
- In College, Justin Vernon and Bon Iver punched my fragile heart to destroy it.
- Post-College Adulthood, what type of indie hell have you got in store for me?
You know what? Come to think of it, I’ve never watched the Such Great Heights music video. Huh.
it’s like you know you’ve reached that certain level of intimacy and realness in your friendship when you discuss, in serious tone, the value of Adam Lambert @gabriellerizzo